Thursday, October 17, 2013

Letterland Thursday......Fireman Fred and Golden Girl

 
It's Letterland Thursday
 
I am behind one week so I am going to combine two of my favorites that actually are in order to come up anyway....
so let's meet
 
Firefighter Fred and Golden Girl
 
This is Firefighter Fred, formally known as Fireman Fred.  I have always known him as Fireman Fred, so referring to him as Firefighter Fred will be a challenge.  Firefighter Fred puts out fires with foam.  Whenever I hear his name I always think of a cheer that we used.....
"Fireman" oh wait that is not right
"Firefighter Fred, Firefighter Fred
fa fa fa (making the letter sound)
Firefighter Fred, Firefighter Fred
f  f   f (saying the letter).
 
While you say the sound of the letter you pretend to put out a fire with a hose.
 
Ok....now let's meet
 
Golden Girl
 
Another favorite of mine....Golden Girl has long golden hair that she braids.  She loves to swing and the color green.  Her chant is another all time favorite....because I love to do the motions and the kids always love it (especially the girls).
 
"Golden Girl, Golden Girl
ga ga ga (make the letter sound)
Golden Girl, Golden Girl
g g g (say the letter)"
 
Whenever you say her name...Golden Girl
you take your hand and pretend you are stroking your long beautiful golden hair.  I always said it as girly as I could because the kids loved it and we would always laugh. 
 
Have a great day
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment