Sunday, September 15, 2013

September Writing

 
September Writing
 
Writing is one of my favorite subjects to teach kinders.  Showing them hand over hand how to write a letter, how to write a word and then having them do it......priceless.  Watching them master this task that you have been showing them.  Having them look up at you with their little faces and smiling saying...."I did it".  There is nothing better than that. 
 
For the most part most students in kindergarten are still learning the concept of print during the early weeks of kindergarten.  They are learning how to form the letters correctly. 
 
Pictures are a big part of writing for kinders.....for anyone.  This is a good time to get across "details" in the pictures.  They may draw a stick person and say they are finished.  Explain details to them.  Hair color, eye color, ears....clothes.  Are they inside or outside?  Is it hot or cold?  Details are important factors and a good tool for writing.  They may not be able to write out their story yet, but they can tell you about their story and draw their story. 
 
Ideas for writing topics for September
My name is_________.
I ride to school in a __________.
My favorite apple is__________.
I have ____ letters in my name.
I ate ________ for dinner last night.
I have _______ people who live in my house.
I have _______ pets.
My favorite color is _________.
 
If you have other September writing ideas leave them in the comments to share with others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment