Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Kindergarten Bulletin Board Ideas



 
Bulletin Boards
 
Your classroom just is not complete until those bulletin boards are up.  What purpose does your board have or need?  Below are some ideas to help get those creative boards ready to go.
 
 
 
Welcome To Our Class
 
This board should be located entering your room.  If you have a bulletin board in the hallway that you can use, this is the perfect place.  Even if you do not have an actual board.....you can use your door or the walls to create your message.  Just like the board pictured above, you can make it easily to fit outside your door or even on your door and make it vertical.  All you need is some black "bulletin board" paper, red boarder, letters and pictures.  Cutting back on printing (which we all should be doing)?  Use a white sharpie or gel pen and write your message and the names on the board.  If you question your handwriting, use a stencil. 
 
Here are a few other "Welcome" ideas I found on Bing images.
For a couple of years our classroom used the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom theme.  Our entrance to our room said
"Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
(then our names) Welcomes You". 
 The students name were on the coconuts all over the palm tree.  We even had a coconut behavior chart...."I hope your coconut does not fall off the tree".
 
Bulletin boards are the time to get creative, the students love it!!  I always liked to create new ones each year.  Maybe your school has a bulletin board contest between the classrooms to see who has the most creative.  Invite in community members or other staff members from your county office to vote. 
 
I don't have a picture, but last year I created a Kindergarten Syllabus board for our hallway.  We displayed pictures and key words that described some of the "big" points to our year ahead. 
 
Here are a few more fun bulletin boards I have found.  http://pinterest.com/sgrimesdavie/bulletin-boards/
 
Wow, this post has became all about just the "Welcome" bulletin board, I think I need to change the name of this post.  I guess I will be writing another post on various forms of boards.
 
If you want to share your boards with us please send me the link and I will post it.
 
I really hope you will take the time to sign up for blog.  Share and comment (nicely please).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment